Re: Reg: Size difference

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Vinay Oli <olivinay541(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reg: Size difference
Date: 2024-09-14 17:30:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 2024-09-14 at 22:49 +0530, Vinay Oli wrote:
> I'm currently facing a strange issue with PostgreSQL 15.0. I have a
> primary-standby setup that is in sync, with a replication slot in place.
> There are 18 databases, and one of the databases on the primary side
> is 104 GB, while the same database on the standby side is 216 GB.
> Both are in sync with zero delay.

Try and identify if any of the database objects are different in size.
That shouldn't happen.

If all the database objects have the same size on both systems, the
explanation is likely some unrelated crap sitting in the data directory
on the standby. Try to identify files that exist on one system, but
not on the other.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe