Re: Corrupted Data ?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Ioana Danes <ioanadanes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Corrupted Data ?
Date: 2016-08-12 19:01:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On 08/12/2016 11:51 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com <mailto:adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>> wrote:
>
> On 08/12/2016 08:30 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:
>

> The db3 database is on a different machine from all the other
> databases you set up, correct?
>
> Yes, they are all different vms first 3 dbs are on the same
> cluster but
> drdb is a remote machine,
>

> This rattled around in my head and got less obvious with time:)
> Probably because cluster has different meanings depending on whether
> you are talking about Postgres or VMs. Right now I am imagining:
>
> Physical machine 1 | Physical machine 2
> |
> VM1 VM2 VM3 | VM1
> db1 db2 db3 | drdb
>
> where each VM has its own Postgres cluster
>
> Is the above correct?
>
> yes correct, I should have been more clear,

Hmm.

I like Francisco's suggestion:

"Specially if this happens, you may have some slightly bad disks/ram/
leading to this kind of problems."

Trying to reconcile that with all the physical machine 1 VMs sharing the
same RAM and physical disk, but the error only occurring on db3.

Is the VM hosting db3 setup different from the VMs 1 & 2?