Re: password error in batch script

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: password error in batch script
Date: 2023-07-27 21:45:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7/27/23 1:17 PM, Atul Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a password Vl=SO*CIz%A83FQF that is working fine like that in the
> command prompt but when it is being used in a batch file it is giving me
> an error of wrong password, the password is something looks like that in
> batch script.
>
> set "PGPASSWORD=Vl=SO*CIz%A83FQF"

More information needed.

1) What sort of batch script; shell, Python, etc?

2) OS and version.

3) What is set pointing at?

4) PGPASSWORD is an environment variable per:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/libpq-envars.html

So I would expect export PGPASSWORD = .

5) Why not use pgpass?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-pgpass.html