Re: [Pljava-dev] Draft release notes in preparation for 1.5.1-BETA1

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Pljava-dev] Draft release notes in preparation for 1.5.1-BETA1
Date: 2017-06-20 13:35:00
Lists: pljava-dev

On 06/20/2017 09:08 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Thanx for the update. So what do you recommend for our case? By the time
> we move to 10 (might be one year from now), just try to re-install the
> corresponding latest stable version of pl/java?

I would recommend going to PL/Java 1.5.1 once it reaches full
(not beta) release, irrespective of when you plan to upgrade
PostgreSQL. Then you'll be running the latest official release,
and when you do later upgrade PostgreSQL, PL/Java will need no
extra attention. (As a bonus, PL/Java 1.5.1 plays well with
pg_upgrade, so you can binary-upgrade the cluster when the time
comes.)

Moving to 1.5.1 from 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT might look like a 'downgrade',
but should be fairly straightforward to do, as the 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT
line has not made any incompatible schema changes (yet).

Did you install with CREATE EXTENSION, or a plain LOAD?

-Chap