[Pljava-dev] Re: Examples are always welcome !!!

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: Examples are always welcome !!!
Date: 2005-03-28 13:35:21
Lists: pljava-dev

Edson Luis Gon?alez wrote:

> I've tried to find some examples of PL/Java over internet without
> success. Why pl/java has only a small documentation/examples/instalation
> guide ?

Because nobody has contributed any more extensive material yet. PL/Java
is still a young product. It had its first real release in January this
year. I concur with the subject of your mail. Good examples, tutorials,
etc. are indeed welcome and stand a good chance to be included in the
PL/Java distribution.

> I've tried 3 days over, over, over internet and pgsql/pljava to gain
> success only in the install step (windows XP). uhhh !!!

Nobody will be able to help you if you don't convey the nature of you
problems. What exactly are you doing and what happens?

> Simple examples with detailed explanations about all process are always
> welcome ;-)

The examples.jar together with
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pljava/genpage.php?readme and
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pljava/genpage.php?userguide (both
with links from the main page) are fairly detailed. Is it something in
particular that you are missing?

> At this moment i'm only studing postgresql and pl/java m?dule, but in
> the future i'll try to find, create, test and collect various samples to
> publish over internet for peoples looking for this.
>
> ps: sorry for bad english.
No problem. You get your message through. Good luck with your samles. If
you have specific problems, this mailing list is the right place to ask
questions.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren