Re: Add “FOR UPDATE NOWAIT” lock details to the log.

From: Seino Yuki <seinoyu(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add “FOR UPDATE NOWAIT” lock details to the log.
Date: 2024-10-18 06:00:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> During our discussion, I also thought it would be useful to provide detailed logs
> > for lock waits canceled by user actions or lock_timeout.

Thank you. I understand now.
You want to output the logs based on a different trigger than
log_lock_waits.

At first, I found that strange, but I see now that there are cases where
it's necessary to output logs for errors even when log_lock_waits is
disabled.

I have also understood the proposal for improving the GUC parameters.
I will revise the patch.

Regards,
--
Yuki Seino