Re: Add “FOR UPDATE NOWAIT” lock details to the log.

From: Seino Yuki <seinoyu(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add “FOR UPDATE NOWAIT” lock details to the log.
Date: 2024-10-18 10:07:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The choice between adding a new GUC or extending the existing one
> (e.g., log_lock_waits)
> is debatable, but I prefer the latter. I'm considering extending
> log_lock_waits
> to accept a value like "fail". If set to "on" (the current behavior),
> detailed logs are generated when the lock wait time exceeds
> deadlock_timeout.
> If set to "fail", logs are generated whenever a lock wait fails. If
> both are
> specified, logs would be triggered when the wait time exceeds
> deadlock_timeout or
> when a lock wait fails.

Thanks for the idea.
Changed log_lock_waits to an enum type and added fail and all.
"off" : No log message(default).
"on" : If over deadlock_timeout(the current behavior).
"fail" : If lock failed.
"all" : All pettern.

I struggled with the name "on," but decided to leave it by
compatibility.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001_add_loginfo_nowait.patch text/x-diff 12.2 KB