change table to view problem

From: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)nospam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: change table to view problem
Date: 2005-02-01 08:09:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I merged 2 tables into 1 table and created a view for each of the tables so
as not to break existing applications. I renamed the old tables with the
_old suffix in case there was a problem so I could verify against the old
data.

The problem is that all the views and functions switched the name of the
table to the renamed table and do not use the new views I have created. Is
there a recommended way of updating all the views and functions that use
the table to start using the view?

Thank You
Sim