Re: Weird procedure question

From: digimer <lists(at)alteeve(dot)ca>
To: James Keener <jim(at)jimkeener(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Weird procedure question
Date: 2018-09-25 05:38:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2018-09-25 1:33 a.m., James Keener wrote:
> Do you need a single field for the pk or can you just make it the
> (original_table_pk, modified_time)? Alternatively, you could generate
> a uuid v3 from the (original_table_pk, modified_time) using something
> like uuid_generate_v3(uuid_nil(), original_table_pk || ":" ||
> modified_time)?

I need to preset the modified_time, I can't use now() or else the value
would differ between databases. Also, unless I am missing something,
uuid_generate_v3() would generate a different UUID per trigger of the
procedure, so I'd end up with different history_uuids on each database
that I ran the query against.

If I am missing something (and entirely possible I am), please hit me
with a clue stick. :)

digimer