Find difference between two Text fields

From: Peter Hunsberger <peter(dot)hunsberger(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Find difference between two Text fields
Date: 2009-07-24 21:13:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Can anyone give me a way to find the difference between two text
fields on a character by character basis. Essentially, I'd like to
logically AND the two together and for any position that has a
non-zero result show whatever character is in that position for the
second string. The solution can be postgres specific but something
approaching ANSI SQL would also be helpful (if possible).

--
Peter Hunsberger