Re: First draft of Beta announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)berkus(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First draft of Beta announcement
Date: 2017-05-12 18:23:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> On 5/12/17 10:58, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 05/12/2017 07:01 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>> As this is a Beta announcement, the capitalization makes sense as a
>> whole.
>
> What is the theory behind the capitalization in any of these phrases:

1. Marketing.

2. Definition of proper noun
: a noun that designates a particular being or thing, does not take a
limiting modifier, and is usually capitalized in English

3. When unhappy with #2, see #1

> * WAL support for Hash Indexes

WAL (this one is obvious), Hash (it is a proper noun) Indexes (agreed
not needed)

Hash indexes are a particular thing as well as a general technology. We
are highlighting the particular thing.

The rest, I agree there is a few where capitalization doesn't need to
occur but as a whole, it is not over the top.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. http://the.postgres.company/
+1-503-667-4564