[Pljava-dev] pljava talk at javaone

From: pgsql at tomd(dot)cc (Tom Dunstan)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava talk at javaone
Date: 2007-11-15 23:57:30
Lists: pljava-dev

On Nov 15, 2007 11:24 PM, Josh Berkus <josh at agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> > Anyway, if no-one who has hacked on it longer than I have been puts
> > their hand up, I'd love to do it, as long as Josh, as the sponsor, is
> > willing. :)
>
> Sure ... any public speaking experience?

Does high school debating or running political meetings count? :) Not
much really on technical topics (although my team at work might
disagree), but I'm honestly not a bad speaker. After that it's just a
matter of knowing the material. *shrug*

I'm not suicidal: I wouldn't volunteer if I didn't think I'd do a
decent job. Having seen video casts of some of the presentations from
previous years, though, I couldn't be worse than one or two of them
:).

How long a talk would it have to be? Would a running demo of pl/java
on the screen be appropriate? Or are we talking
powerpoint-cognitive-style? :) I can talk to powerpoint, but a demo is
so much cooler, for an audience.

Cheers

Tom