[Pljava-dev] pljava talk at javaone

From: pgsql at tomd(dot)cc (Tom Dunstan)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] pljava talk at javaone
Date: 2007-11-15 23:18:44
Lists: pljava-dev

On Nov 15, 2007 6:48 PM, Thomas Hallgren <thomas at tada.se> wrote:
> I just wish I had the time. It would have been great fun. If anyone else
> wants to step up, I'd be glad to provide input.

I'm willing, but only questionably qualified. :)

I've been playing with pl/java a bit, and have a list of things that
I'd like to do to it to either add features or make it easier to use,
but due to some lack of time recently, I haven't been able to do as
much as I would have liked.

If there's interest, I'll post my wishlist. Maybe if there's some
interest in my ideas, I could do a talk on a) implementing some of
them, and b) "future directions for pl/java" :)

Having said all that, I probably only fall under "enthusiastic
amateur" rather than "zen guru" as far as pl/java goes. I do have both
extensive java (day job) and some pgsql backend hacking (enums)
experience. So I dunno if I'm qualified to give a talk on pl/java (at
least not today, maybe in May though). It would seem a waste of a good
opportunity to get the word out about both postgresql and pl/java to
the java crowd though, so perhaps a partially qualified candidate
would be better than no talk at all.

Anyway, if no-one who has hacked on it longer than I have been puts
their hand up, I'd love to do it, as long as Josh, as the sponsor, is
willing. :)

Cheers

Tom