Re: Postgres 12.1 : UPPER() in WHERE clause restarts server

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Marc <postgres(at)arcict(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 12.1 : UPPER() in WHERE clause restarts server
Date: 2020-02-08 21:18:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/8/20 12:28 PM, Marc wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Everything was a clean install ( MacOS Mojave and Postgres )
>
> Export and import were done with the latest version of PGAdmin.
>
> Please advise if we can provide you with anything ( logging etc . . . )
>

> Is there a possibility to downgrade to version 11 ?

At this point hard to tell whether this a version issue or something
else. Probably best not to introduce too many more moving parts at this
time.

Questions:

1) The OS and version you mention above is the same as on the production
server below?

2) What where the exact issues you had on the production server?
The actual error messages would be very helpful.

3) Getting a stack trace of the UPPER(), LOWER() issue would be nice.
For more info on that:

Not that familiar with MacOS, so not sure if the Linux/BSD steps would
apply or not, still:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend

--
Adrian Klaver