Re: Drop Python 2 support in pgAdmin?

From: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Drop Python 2 support in pgAdmin?
Date: 2020-04-24 17:56:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

On 2020-04-24 5:50 a.m., Dave Page wrote:
> Python 2 has been unsupported for a few months now.
>
> Does anyone object to dropping Python 2 support in pgAdmin? This primarily
> affects our Python package - other installers and packages all use Python 3 I
> believe.

I know that Apple at least is pushing that if any products depend on Python or
other dynamic language runtimes they should be bundling the runtime with the app
and not expecting the system to provide it. And in that case, bundle whatever
version you want, probably the very latest Python. Further to this, Apple has
deprecated that it is bundling these things with the MacOS. -- Darren Duncan