Re: SSL connection issue with JDBC

From: David Wall <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL connection issue with JDBC
Date: 2019-05-14 17:07:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 5/14/19 9:31 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:

>> If I use *_latest JDBC postgrsql driver "postgresql-42.2.5"_* then I
>> get below error.
>>
>>  Anup
>>
> Update you jdbc driver to current release.

Sounds like that was done.

Are you sure your SSL certs are recognized?  The original exception
suggests an issue with trust along the chain:

Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The
certificate issued by CN=certificate-authority is not trusted; internal
cause is:

java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error

That does seem an unexpected CN.  Both your java cacerts and postgres
would have to share the CA certs needed to validate the full chain.

David