ISO TESTS for a Pg lexer+parser

From: "Kynn Jones" <kynnjo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ISO TESTS for a Pg lexer+parser
Date: 2007-07-06 19:15:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi! I am in the process of writing a PostgreSQL lexer/parser in Perl,
because everything else I've found in this area is too buggy. I'm
basing this lexer/parser on the lexer and parser encoded respectively
in scan.l and gram.y under src/backend/parser.

I'm looking for a solid collection of test cases to test my
lexer/parser. (I'm hoping that such a collection has already been
produced to test the PostgreSQL yacc-generated parser that comes with
the PostgreSQL distribution.)

(Alternatively, if a non-flaky, rock-solid, and easily customizable Pg
parser in Perl already exists please let me know.)

TIA!

kj