Re: MS-SQL<->Postgres sync

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "Kevin Bednar" <kevin(at)stockwelldesigngroup(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS-SQL<->Postgres sync
Date: 2006-07-10 16:48:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 7/10/06, Kevin Bednar <kevin(at)stockwelldesigngroup(dot)com> wrote:

> Looking to keep 2 databases in sync, at least semi-realtime if possible,
> although running a batch update every x mins wouldn't be out of the
> question. One db is postgres and the other is ms-sql. It's to keep inventory
> in sync from 2 seperate locations, one being a brick and mortar store and
> the other an ecommerce system for a web site. Any and all help is
> appreciated since I can't find much of anything on syncing these 2 database
> systems!
>

> Kevin Bednar

Can you provide more information about what data is needing to be fed back
and forth? Are both databases being updated or can you set one as the
system of record? Why can't you have the web site read directly from MS SQL
Server?

With a little more information we can provide more useful advice.

Thanks,
Aaron