Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?

From: "Peter Cai" <newptcai(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: newptcai(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?
Date: 2007-11-07 12:45:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks. I have tried your program. But it seems that it has trouble with
EUC_CN.
It returns unrecoginzed value of empty columns.

BTW: I've solved this problem. Every one using odbc on windows shuold read
this mail:

psqlODBC with Visual Studio 2005 and Connection Pooling for
newbies<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2005-12/msg00274.php>

On Nov 7, 2007 4:48 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> ????????? wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Recently I found my C/S program becomes slow. So I analysed the tcp
> > traffic between my program and the Postgresql database. I found there
> > are occasionally tcp re-transmission and that's why my porgram slow
> > down.
> >
> > But when I changed to npsql, the tcp traffic was cut off to only 1/4
> > and there are much fewer re-transmission. I am not sure it's the
> > problem of odbc or it's because that I am using odbc correctly.
>
> FYI there's another Postgres ODBC driver that is said to have better
> performance.
>
> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng
>
> (Yes, my company maintains it)
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera
> http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

古希腊有一种哲人,穿着很宽的袍子走来走去。他们会划优美的曲线,其中包含了自己全部的心胸。他们的朋友也是智者,只有智者们互相之间才能明白彼此的曲线彼此的心胸。