Re: postgre vs MySQL

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Steve Crawford" <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: rrahul <rahul(dot)rathi(at)cognizant(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgre vs MySQL
Date: 2008-03-14 03:10:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On 14/03/2008, Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com> wrote:
> > What can I say? 96% of personal computers run some form of
> > windows. Does that mean it's a superior product to a PC running
> > Linux, or a Mac w/ MacOS?
> > I'd say "no" (actually more like "NOOO!"), because windows doesn't let
> > me do 80% of the things that I do (need to do) with my PC.
> >
> > >From the fact hat the user-base is so massive, can I deduce that
> > windows is superior in terms of security or easy maintenance?
> > My personal experience says "No, no way".

> Whoa! Sure glad I read this thread. I was about to buy a Bentley but now
> that I know that sales figures are the sole measure of quality I can see
> that the Kia is clearly a superior vehicle.

Heh. :}

A silly question in this context: If we know of a company that does use
PostgreSQL but doesn't list it anywhere ... can we
tahttp://www.securecomputing.com/techpubsRC.cfm?pid=85ke the liberty
publicise this somewhere anyway?

E.g. the control center (
http://www.securecomputing.com/techpubsRC.cfm?pid=85 )
uses postgres, the only official attribution (I've seen the binaries in the
file-system) is that their product uses port 5432 in the manual.

Cheers,
Andrej

P.S.: This is all really starting to belong to advocacy :}

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :} Make your quotes concise.