Postgresql 7.4.1 and JDBC setFetchSize

From: curtis(at)stanfordcomputing(dot)com (Curtis Stanford)
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql 7.4.1 and JDBC setFetchSize
Date: 2004-02-04 21:59:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

OK, I just installed 7.4.1 with the included JDBC driver so that I
could use the new setFetchSize feature. I've been trying a query that
returns over 300,000 rows which was running out of memory before. I
added s.setFetchRows(50) and it still runs out of memory. Doesn't seem
to make any difference. I'm just doing a very simple query thusly:

Statement s = conn.createStatement();
s.setFetchRows(50);
ResultSet rows = s.executeQuery("...");
while (rows.next()) {
}

I can't seem to get the CVS version of the JDBC driver either. The CVS
web interface to postgresql has mentions of removing all JDBC code
about 2 weeks ago. What's going on?

Curtis