Syntax To Create Table As One In Another Database

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Syntax To Create Table As One In Another Database
Date: 2011-11-15 16:42:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I need a pointer to the appropriate docs that show me how to specify a
table in a different database.

What I want is to CREATE TABLE <tablename> AS TABLE
<otherdatabase><same_tablename>; but using a period (dot) to separate the
source database and table name doesn't work. My searches of the 9.0.x docs
have missed finding this information.

TIA,

Rich