Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench
Date: 2019-04-10 06:11:54
Lists: pgsql-committers

Bonjour Michaël,

>> This change leads a compiler warning on my machine:
>>
>> pgbench.c: In function ‘readCommandResponse’:
>> pgbench.c:2730: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
>
> C99 does not forbid that (see d9dd406).

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/source-conventions.html also says:

"A few features included in the C99 standard are, at this time, not be
permitted to be used in core PostgreSQL code. This currently includes
variable length arrays, intermingled declarations and code, // comments,
universal character names. Reasons for that include portability and
historical practices."

--
Fabien.