Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench
Date: 2019-04-10 06:10:15
Lists: pgsql-committers

Hello Masahiko-san,

> This change leads a compiler warning on my machine:
>
> pgbench.c: In function ‘readCommandResponse’:
> pgbench.c:2730: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/source-conventions.html> says:

"Code in PostgreSQL should only rely on language features available in the
C99 standard"

So it should be all right wrt to warnings.

However the pg style in the same page says that intermingling decl & code
is not permitted, so the proposed patch should be applied.

--
Fabien.