Question re: pldbgapi

From: Steven Hirsch <snhirsch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question re: pldbgapi
Date: 2018-06-19 18:05:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, all.

I'm trying to debug a rather complicated function using pldbgapi in
pgAdmin III and am running into an annoying problem. In order to set
breakpoints, I need to execute the query that invokes the function. It
then stops at the first line and allows me to set breakpoints. However, I
cannot figure out a way to suppress that first line break after doing so!

I have some unexpected conditions being hit and need to let it run on a
rather large data set, breaking into the debugger ONLY when one of my
breakpoints is reached. Pressing the "continue" button 1.4M times does
not seem very practical :-).

Am I missing something obvious? Is there really no way to have it
free-run after manually setting breakpoints?

Steve