redhat 7.3 problem

From: "Edgar Castanedo" <ecastanedo(at)netvolution(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: redhat 7.3 problem
Date: 2002-07-10 21:58:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

I just installed redhat linux 7.3. During the initial installation, I had it
install postgresql. After I su as postgres, I then run the command 'psql
template1'. At the psql command prompt, I try to run various command, but
none of them work. When I hit enter, the command line just opens up another
line and my command is lost into infinity.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Nothing works. I cannot run select statements.... Nothings....

Please help!

Thanks in Advance....