Re: UUID generation problem

From: "James B(dot) Byrne" <byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Adrian Klaver" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UUID generation problem
Date: 2020-10-05 15:43:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, October 5, 2020 10:53, Tom Lane wrote:

> That seems to show quite definitively that public is not in your
> search_path, which contradicts the current_schemas() result you
> gave earlier. I continue to suspect that you are somehow
> confusing yourself by testing in different databases and/or
> with different user accounts.

Possibly. I do not make any definitive claims at this point. However, the
application properties of the DB connection are:

Connection=xyzCConnection[name\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca
{localhost-idempiere-idempiere_dbadmin},
AppsHost\=accounting.harte-lyne.ca,
WebPort\=8080,
SSLPort\=8443,
type\=PostgreSQL,
DBhost\=localhost,
DBport\=5432,
DBname\=idempiere,
BQ\=false,
FW\=false,
FWhost\=,
FWport\=0,
UID\=idempiere_dbadmin,
PWD\=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

This indicates that the DB name is idempiere and that the DB connection user
name is idempiere_dbadmin.

psql shows this:

[root(at)accounting-2 ~ (master)]# psql --dbname=idempiere
--username=idempiere_dbadmin
Password for user idempiere_dbadmin:
psql (11.8)
Type "help" for help.

idempiere=# \l
List of databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype |
Access privileges
---------------------+-------------------+----------+---------+-------+-----------------------
idempiere | idempiere_dbadmin | UTF8 | C | C |
lsmb_access_test_db | postgres | UTF8 | C | C |
postgres | postgres | UTF8 | C | C |
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | C | C |
=c/postgres +
| | | | |
postgres=CTc/postgres
template1 | postgres | UTF8 | C | C |
=c/postgres +
| | | | |
postgres=CTc/postgres
testcompany | lsmb_dbadmin | UTF8 | C | C |
(6 rows)

The username idempiere_dbadmin does not exist in /etc/passwd.

idempiere=# \dx
List of installed extensions
Name | Version | Schema | Description
-----------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------
plpgsql | 1.0 | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
uuid-ossp | 1.1 | public | generate universally unique identifiers
(UUIDs)
(2 rows)

idempiere=# \dx+
Objects in extension "plpgsql"
Object description
function plpgsql_call_handler()
function plpgsql_inline_handler(internal)
function plpgsql_validator(oid)
language plpgsql
(4 rows)

Objects in extension "uuid-ossp"
Object description
function public.uuid_generate_v1()
function public.uuid_generate_v1mc()
function public.uuid_generate_v3(uuid,text)
function public.uuid_generate_v4()
function public.uuid_generate_v5(uuid,text)
function public.uuid_nil()
function public.uuid_ns_dns()
function public.uuid_ns_oid()
function public.uuid_ns_url()
function public.uuid_ns_x500()
(10 rows)

The idempiere database was created before I added the uuid-ossp extension. That
possibly bears on this matter.

--
*** e-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne mailto:ByrneJB(at)Harte-Lyne(dot)ca
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757
Canada L8E 3C3