Re: Very high memory usage on restoring dump (with plain pqsl) on pg 9.1.2

From: Heiko Wundram <modelnine(at)modelnine(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Very high memory usage on restoring dump (with plain pqsl) on pg 9.1.2
Date: 2012-03-22 17:21:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Am 22.03.2012 15:48, schrieb Tom Lane:
> What PG version are we talking about, and what exactly is the
> problematic index?

Index is on (inet, integer, smallint, timestamp w/o timezone), btree
and a primary key.

> There was a memory leak in the last-but-one releases for index
> operations on inet and cidr datatypes, so I'm wondering if that
> explains your problem ...

As written in the title, I'm experiencing this when migrating a
dump-file (created on PostgreSQL 8.3.x) to an installation of PostgreSQL
9.1.2 (plain, comes from Gentoo). But it sure sounds as though this
memory leak might be the culprit (and I'll have to do the update anyway,
from what I gather, simply because I know have empty tables which do
have the inet key). I'll be updating pgsql now and then recheck the
import.

Thanks for the hint!

--
--- Heiko.