Re: list_free in addRangeTableEntryForJoin

From: Ilia Evdokimov <ilya(dot)evdokimov(at)tantorlabs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: list_free in addRangeTableEntryForJoin
Date: 2024-06-10 12:11:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>But callers of addRangeTableEntryForJoin(), expects to handle a list
or NIL, if we free the memory
I've thoroughly reviewed all callers of the
`addRangeTableEntryForJoin()` function and confirmed that the list is
not used after this function is called. Since
`addRangeTableEntryForJoin()` is the last function to use this list, it
would be more efficient to free the `List` at the point of its declaration.

I'll attach new patch where I free the lists.

Regards,

Ilia Evdokimov,

Tantor Labs LCC

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-list-free.patch text/x-patch 1.2 KB