Re: define PG_REPLSLOT_DIR

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: define PG_REPLSLOT_DIR
Date: 2024-08-20 08:47:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 19, 2024 at 02:11:55PM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
> I made the changes for pg_tblspc in pg_combinebackup.c as the number of occurences
> are greater that the "pg_wal" ones and we were to define PG_TBLSPC_DIR in any
> case.
>
> Please find attached the related patches.

No real objection about the replslot and pg_logical bits.

- * $PGDATA/pg_tblspc/spcoid/PG_MAJORVER_CATVER/dboid/relfilenumber
+ * $PGDATA/PG_TBLSPC_DIR/spcoid/PG_MAJORVER_CATVER/dboid/relfilenumber

For the tablespace parts, I am not sure that I would update the
comments to reflect the variables, TBH. Somebody reading the comments
would need to refer back to pg_tblspc/ in the header.
--
Michael