Re: Tab completion for CREATE TABLE ... AS

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Gilles Darold <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tab completion for CREATE TABLE ... AS
Date: 2023-11-16 00:46:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 05:26:58PM +0300, Gilles Darold wrote:
> Right, I don't know how I have missed the sql-createtableas page in the
> documentation.
>
> Patched v2 fixes the keyword list, I have also sorted by alphabetical order
> the CREATE TABLE completion (AS was at the end of the list).
>
> It has also been re-based on current master.

Fun. It has failed to apply here.

Anyway, I can see that a comment update has been forgotten. A second
thing is that it requires two more lines to add the query keywords for
the case where a CTAS has a list of column names. I've added both
changes, and applied the patch on HEAD. That's not all the patterns
possible, but this covers the most useful ones.
--
Michael