Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Date: 2023-04-20 00:48:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 12:41:27PM -0400, Corey Huinker wrote:
> I think this is good work, but I can't help thinking it would be easier to
> understand and maintain if we used a template engine like Text::Template,
> and filled out the template with the variant bits. I'll ask that question
> in another thread for higher visibility.

Hmm.. This is not part of the main perl distribution, is it? I am
not sure that it is a good idea to increase the requirement bar when
it comes to build the code and documentation by depending more on
external modules, and the minimum version of perl supported is very
old^D^D^D ancient, making it harder to satisfy.
--
Michael