Re: pgsql: Build ICU support by default.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Jeff Davis <jdavis(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Build ICU support by default.
Date: 2023-04-19 00:46:44
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 08:36:45PM +0000, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Build ICU support by default.

As guaibasaurus is telling, this broke the generation of the
distribution tarball:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2023-04-19%2000%3A20%3A03

The problem is easy to reproduce: just run "make dist" from the top of
the tree. The fix is a bit more tricky, straight-forward once you
know that ./INSTALL is generated from the contents of
installation.sgml (learnt that the hard way), and is similar to
45aa88f where you should add a few extra rules to
standalone-profile.xsl to replace the links by some text. I guess
that you could just replace both references with "the documentation"
in this case, as the terms are specified in the paragraphs generated
in the ./INSTALL, like the attached.

Do you mind if I apply the attached to fix the issue?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
collation-fix-make-dist.patch text/x-diff 1.1 KB