Re: how to clear the query history?

From: Peter <pmc(at)citylink(dot)dinoex(dot)sub(dot)org>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to clear the query history?
Date: 2022-08-04 13:23:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Aug 04, 2022 at 06:15:43PM +0530, Aditya Toshniwal wrote:

! This looks similar to - https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/7468

Hi Aditya, thank You for the reply!

So it is a known issue, fine. It doesn't bother me much when I'm able
to fix it.

! If you're using the desktop variant then you'll find a file pgadmin4.db
! SQLite file in the .pgadmin directory of user home.
! If on server mode then it should be in /var/lib/pgadmin.
! You can open the .db file and clear the query_history table.

Yep, the user database, I found that in the meantime, thank You, that
worked well. :)

! pgAdmin4 editor selection is not disabled. Can you share a screen recording
! to understand better?

Hm, I don't have a screen recorder... but it is not difficult to understand:

- open the query tool
- look at the bottom of the window, there is a text
"Total rows: 0 of 0"
- Mark that text with left-mouse
- point back into the query tool editor
- press middle-mouse
-> the text inserts.

- Now mark any text *within* the query tool editor with left-mouse
- Point anywhere, another app, an xterm, emacs, or inside the query
tool editor itself
- Click middle-mouse
-> everywhere the old text "total rows..." inserts.

If this works different for You on maybe linux, then just tell me,
then I have to enable some linux vm to access the pgadmin server and
then compare from there...

-- PMc