Re: how to clear the query history?

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter <pmc(at)citylink(dot)dinoex(dot)sub(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to clear the query history?
Date: 2022-08-04 12:45:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Peter,

This looks similar to - https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/7468

> This happens only on a specific database. When I open Query Tool for
> a different database, then switch the Tab back from "Query
> History" to "Query", then it works again.
>
> Using a different browser does not help, restarting the pgadmin4
> server doesn't help either. Apparently that Query History data got
> persistently botched.
> Where is that stored, so I can clean it out?

If you're using the desktop variant then you'll find a file pgadmin4.db
SQLite file in the .pgadmin directory of user home.
If on server mode then it should be in /var/lib/pgadmin.
You can open the .db file and clear the query_history table.

> This has apparently happened while I was trying to somehow enable
> selection from firefox about:config. So when we're at it: is there a
> way to enable selection in the editor?
>
> This is a FreeBSD desktop, and we have two cut&paste tools:
> - the selection: mark something with left-mouse, point somewhere else
> and insert it with middle-mouse.
> - the Clipboard: mark something with left-mouse, hit Ctrl-C. point
> somewhere else and insert with Ctrl-V.
>
> Both do normally work, the exception is the pgadmin4 editor, where
> the selection appears to be disabled. Since my normal web application
> editor (javascript only) does work nicely with both, this must be
> something specific to pgadmin4.

pgAdmin4 editor selection is not disabled. Can you share a screen recording
to understand better?

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal