Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add more $Test::Builder::Level in the TAP tests
Date: 2021-10-16 06:22:12
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 09:04:11PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:00 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
>> It does not change the fact that the test needs to be fixed. TAP
>> tests should be designed to not be influenced by the external world.
>
> Right.

Hearing nothing, I have just poked at this problem. And I'd rather
make all the tests go through PostgresNode::psql from which it is
possible to grab stdout, stderr and the result code, as we could miss
local changes in this test if we need a centralized fix, for problems
like the one with SIGPIPE where we don't use -c in a psql command.
Peter, does it take care of your problem?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-tap-fix.patch text/x-diff 2.6 KB