Open source HA setup for postgres

From: "Tharmarajah, Sam" <sambavan(dot)tharmarajah(at)usask(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Open source HA setup for postgres
Date: 2022-10-14 16:33:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

We are wondering what is open-source tools being used to set up the HA. We are also looking for a way to pass the reads to all the HA nodes and writes to the primary. One of the pressing criteria is the HA also should be able to handle the node being taken down during patching and should be able to fail back or recover seamlessly without any manual intervention.

This is the first time we are embarking on HA, so would like some advice and caveats to avoid.

Thanx
Sam