Re: More time spending with "delete pending"

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Subject: Re: More time spending with "delete pending"
Date: 2021-07-12 04:07:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:00:00PM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> Thank you! I agree with your improvement. I can't remember why did I
> inject 'include "port.h"' in genfile.c.
> Today I've rechecked all the chain of includes and I see that stat() is
> redefined as _pgstat64() in win32_port.h, that includes <sys/stat.h>.
> genfile.c includes "postgres.h" (that includes win32_port.h indirectly)
> and then includes <sys/stat.h> again, but the later include should be
> ignored due "#pragma once" in stat.h.
> So I have no objection to the removal of that include.

Thanks, that matches my impression. There was one comment at the top
of _pgstat64() that was still incorrect. I have spent more time
checking and tested this stuff today, and that looks fine. One
question pending is if we should increase the timeout used by WIN32's
stat() and open(), but the buildfarm should be able to tell us more
here.
--
Michael