Re: BUG #16896: pg_standby: Missing reference when building on Windows

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: BUG #16896: pg_standby: Missing reference when building on Windows
Date: 2021-02-26 02:22:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 09:23:28AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> This sounds like you may have an unclean checkout with a mix of
> version 13 and HEAD in it.
>
> In version 13, pg_standby is already in those lines, and has been for
> years. It has, however, been removed in HEAD back in January, along
> with all of pg_standby. So if building HEAD then adding those back
> should be failing. It looks like you have the src/tools/msvc directory
> from HEAD and src/contrib from 13.
>
> So you'll want to investigate why and make sure you have a completely
> clean checkout.

Agreed. It looks so.

Out of curiosity, I have just checked on a clean tree that a build of
only pg_standby and of the whole thing. Both work correctly with the
MSVC scripts. And there are buildfarm machines running that on a
daily basis:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

But perhaps we are missing something in clean.bat?
--
Michael