Sv: FW: Re: type for storing emails?

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sv: FW: Re: type for storing emails?
Date: 2019-11-12 15:21:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

På tirsdag 12. november 2019 kl. 16:07:47, skrev stan <stanb(at)panix(dot)com
<mailto:stanb(at)panix(dot)com>>:
[...]
For the moment, I am just going to verify that what is entered is a valid
email format. Verifying that the email exists, may come later.

Thanks for making me think about this, though.

Note that it's only possible to verify that the email-address is correctly
structured and a syntactically correct. There is no way to verify that an
email-address actually exists, ie. that a recipient will receive emails sent to
it.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS