RE: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication

From: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, shveta malik <shveta(dot)malik(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nisha Moond <nisha(dot)moond412(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jan Wieck <jan(at)wi3ck(dot)info>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Conflict detection and logging in logical replication
Date: 2024-08-21 05:30:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Hou,

Thanks for updating the patch! I think the patch is mostly good.
Here are minor comments.

0001:

01.
```
+<screen>
+LOG: conflict detected on relation "schemaname.tablename": conflict=<literal>conflict_type</literal>
+DETAIL: <literal>detailed explaination</literal>.
+</screen>
```

I don't think the label is correct. <screen> label should be used for the actual
example output, not for explaining the format. I checked several files like
amcheck.sgml and auto-exlain.sgml and func.sgml and they seemed to follow the
rule.

02.
```
+ <para>
+ The <literal>key</literal> section in the second sentence of the
```

I preferred that section name is quoted.

0002:

03.
```
-#include "replication/logicalrelation.h"
```

Just to confirm - this removal is not related with the feature but just the
improvement, right?

Best regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED