Max size per relation for partitioned tables

From: "Reftel, Bengt Erik Magnus" <Magnus(dot)Reftel(at)skatteetaten(dot)no>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Max size per relation for partitioned tables
Date: 2024-10-23 14:01:24
Lists: pgsql-general

HI all,

Appendix K of the documentation, https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/limits.html , lists 32TB as the maximum size of a relation, but it´s not clear to me whether “relation” in this context for a partitioned table means the entire logical table, or just the individual physical tables it comprises. That distinction is kind of critical for our use-case. Does anyone here know which it is?

Best Regards
Magnus Reftel

Denne e-posten og eventuelle vedlegg er beregnet utelukkende for den institusjon eller person den er rettet til og kan være belagt med lovbestemt taushetsplikt. Dersom e-posten er feilsendt, vennligst slett den og kontakt Skatteetaten.
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately delete the message and alert the Norwegian Tax Administration.