Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Don Baccus <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Date: 2002-08-09 01:56:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Don Baccus wrote:

> And views of this sort are trivial to do using PG's OO extensions.

So long as you don't mind them being broken, yeah. But hell, when someone
asks for a unique constraint, they probably don't really mean it, do they?
And what's wrong with multiple records with the same primary key? It's clear
to me now I've been working from the wrong direction; we should leave the OO
stuff and delete the relational stuff from the database instead.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC