Re: [QUESTIONS] Arrays (inserting and removing)

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Karl Denninger <karl(at)mcs(dot)net>
Cc: "Vadim B(dot) Mikheev" <vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su>, Ralf Mattes <mattes(at)mhs(dot)uni-freiburg(dot)de>, Gyepi Sam <gsam(at)praxis-sw(dot)com>, Michael J Schout <mschout(at)mail(dot)gkg-com(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Arrays (inserting and removing)
Date: 1998-01-15 15:40:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OIDs are a bastardization of the relational model. If you have to keep
> them, then do so, but their use should be SEVERELY discouraged.

Actually, I use them quite extensively...I have several WWW-based
search directories that are searched with:

That display minimal data to the browser, and then if someone
wants more detailed information, I just do:

select * from <table> where oid = '';

Its also great if you mess up the original coding for a table and
want to remove 1 of many duplicates that you've accidently let pass
through :(