Re: query plan worse after analyze

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL Performance'" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query plan worse after analyze
Date: 2007-10-06 04:12:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Jeff Frost (jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com) wrote:
>> Here are the plans:
>
> It's probably just me but, honestly, I find it terribly frustrating to
> try and read a line-wrapped explain-analyze output... I realize it
> might not be something you can control in your mailer, but you might
> consider putting the various plans up somewhere online (perhaps a
> pastebin like http://pgsql.privatepaste.com) instead of or in addition
> to sending it in the email.

It's not you. In fact, after I sent this and saw what it looked like, I put
it into a txt file and replied with an attachment. Unfortunately, it didn't
bounce, nor did it show up on the list. :-(

So, here's a pastebin...it's a bit better:

http://pastebin.com/m4f0194b

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/