Re: Alternate database locations

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alternate database locations
Date: 2002-02-19 05:20:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

> > Simply changing your .profile doesn't change the environment of your
> > running shell. Did you log out/back in? Or manually do
> > export PGDATA2=xxx
>
> Tom,
>
> I logged out, then back in so the environment would be re-established.
> Made no difference. I know it must be user error but I cannot find where I'm
> going wrong.

Rather than beating on this dead horse, I decided to try another one. So,
I gave up on the alternative location and created the database in
/var/lib/psql/data/. Worked like a charm. :-)

Now I need to figure out why the copy command isn't copying tables from
the ascii files where they're all defined. Sigh. I'm calling it a night.

Rich