Re: Update to readline and Postgresql

From: Helge Bahmann <bahmann(at)math(dot)tu-freiberg(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update to readline and Postgresql
Date: 2002-04-04 19:49:39
Lists: pgsql-general

> These are symbols from libtermcap or libncurses; if you look a little bit
> further down, configure will try to link with "-lreadline -ltermcap" -- does
> this fail as well? If it does (maybe you do not have a termcap library), try
> running configure with "LDFLAGS=-lncurses ./configure ..." to force
> linking in of libncurses

Ah forget about that -- just noticed configure tries ncurses as well

Appears you have neither working termcap nor ncurses which makes me wonder
how you got readline compiled in the first place

Regards
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann(at)math(dot)tu-freiberg(dot)de> /| \__
Network admin, systems programmer /_|____\