Re: Synchronizing Data?

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Synchronizing Data?
Date: 2000-11-07 07:36:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Steve Wolfe wrote:

> It seems like it's not something that needs to be done in real-time. Am
> I correct? If so, then soing a pg_dumpall, gzip it up, and restore on the
> other server is probably the way to go.
I developed a realy not time critical Web-Site (small project, but will
grow later on). If I change something in the web database on my client
behind the firewall I build a Debian package containing the pg_dump and
some additional information (mainly changes file) and upload the
Debian file to the server outside the firewall. There I only have to
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
and the new database is installed. Should work also for RPMs. Not
the best solution but works in my (not time critical) case.

Kind regards

Andreas.