deadlock timeout?

From: Micah Anderson <micah(at)colltech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: deadlock timeout?
Date: 2000-11-07 04:12:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Does anyone know what the postgresql option deadlock_timeout does? I
haven't been able to find any good docs. The config file
(/etc/postgresql/pg_options) just says its how long to wait before deciding
that there is a deadlock, but does this refer to idle connections or
situations where a query is blocked waiting for a lock? I thought timing
out idle connections might be useful in trouble shooting some postgres
problems that we are having given that we are seeing a steadily increasing
number of database connections. All these idle connections can't be
helping.

Thanks!
Micah

--
Micah Anderson
Collective Technologies

"To be and not to do is not to be at all"