descriptions on operators

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Mike Mascari <mascarim(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: descriptions on operators
Date: 2000-01-14 22:11:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I know we left this issue open, but I came to the conclusion that it would
be wiser to keep it like it used to be in that operator comments should be
indexed on the underlying functions. The reason is simply that there is a
a one-to-one relationship between operators and their function, so we'd
end up writing everything double with little purpose. That would mean
you'd have to tweak your code a little.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala